Monday - Friday
4:00 am - 4:00 pm
$14.00 - $15.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operation and care of forklift in a safe manner.
- Must be qualified to properly operate the forklift.
- Complete and document a forklift inspection form before start of shift and when operating a new forklift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Locate stock before the start of the run.
- Deliver appropriate stock to appropriate machines safely and on time.
- Remove finished goods from machines.
- Maintain neat, orderly, and safe stacks of stock in storage areas.
- Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate location of stock in storage area by paperwork and computer.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Adheres to daily production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, delivery and service goals.
- Assist other forklift operators as necessary and is backup to Shipping Lead Person.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Prior work experience as a forklift operator.
- Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
- Required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.