The Controller will serve as the chief financial officer of Meals on Wheels, managing all finance, accounting, budgeting, grants management, reporting, and cash management operations as well as managing daily operations of the organization. Staff reporting directly to the Controller will be the Staff Accountant, Accounting and Information Specialist, Receptionist, and Logistics Specialist. This position is based in Meals on Wheels’ Administrative office.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES:
• Responsible for monitoring and oversight of fiscal department including supervising all administrative and financial staff members
• Oversee day-to-day fiscal/programmatic operations and manage relationships with outsourced Information Technology, Human Resources, and insurance providers
• Ensure compliance with organization policies and applicable federal, state, and local regulations
• Possess and demonstrate a deep understanding of all funding contracts which includes meeting with representatives, negotiating contracts and reporting expenditures
• Oversee all program monitoring and inquiries from funding sources
• Work with Audit firm in facilitating the annual financial statements and audit
• Create and amend policies and procedures in accordance with the strategic plan
• Oversee human resource components of organization, which include personnel files, payroll, health insurance and 401(k) plan
• Assist Logistics staff and kitchen operations which includes equipment purchases, maintenance, and daily food delivery
• Support Executive Director in execution and development of strategic plan
• Oversee preparation of monthly financial statements and all related reports for review by the Executive Director and Board of Trustees
• Facilitate and coordinate the annual budget preparation process with Executive Director and Board of Trustees
• Attend Board, Executive and all other designated committee meetings as needed
• Participate in training and staff development, as related to the position
• Recognize the inherent dignity of each client/participant served and preserve his/her right to confidentiality and respect
• Abide by the policies and procedures of Meals on Wheels North Central Texas Board of Trustees as implemented by the Executive Director
• As needed, fill in as Logistics relief for home delivered meal service: driving and delivering meals, packing side food items, washing fleet vehicle, and receiving/storing weekly food deliveries. Approximate time estimate: 15-20%
• Participate on assigned team of facility cleaning.
• And other duties when needs arise
• Minimum of five years’ management experience; college degree; experience in not-for-profit accounting, budgeting, and fund raising. Experience may be substituted for advanced degree.
• Experience with management information systems
• Proficient in QuickBooks/Sage 50, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Organization, record keeping, and planning skills
• Prior experience and/or willingness and ability to learn necessary software including ServTracker and Bloomerang
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision, assisting and calling on team members when necessary
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and organize multiple tasks, handle detailed work and meet deadlines
• Comfortable working with and addressing culturally and ethnically diverse staff, volunteers, senior adults and community groups
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE DEMANDS
This position is generally set in a comfortable office environment, however, it may occasionally require outside of office work. It requires seeing, hearing, sitting and walking on a daily basis. It may require bending and lifting 25 pounds on an infrequent basis. Client/volunteer field work may occur during or after business hours and it requires talking, writing, driving in inclement weather, walking on uneven surfaces and standing for upwards of 30 minutes straight, depending on the situation.
ABOUT MEALS ON WHEELS NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS
Meals on Wheels North Central Texas is a community-based organization focused on helping homebound elderly and disabled persons remain independent and healthy in their homes by providing nourishing meals, a friendly visit, and a safety check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.